KLU is a great place to study
- Research university with high academic standards combined with practical application
- Top ranked in CHE university ranking and Handelsblatt research ranking
- Small classes, interactive teaching and excellent student-professor ratio
- Truly international students and faculty; all courses taught in English
- Internships and semester abroad integrated into the curriculum
- Case- and project-based learning, excursions, business simulations, regular interaction with industry professionals
- High quality career services and corporate network, career orientation and guidance
- State-of-the-art campus in the heart of Hamburg’s HafenCity
Studying at KLU means having many different parts of the world on campus but still being in the beautiful city of Hamburg. Knowing that support is there for every aspect of our studies is a special feeling – it makes studying at KLU an exciting time.
KLU facilitates the network of opportunities and aids in gaining a broader perspective on different aspects of business. It’s a rewarding experience to be a part of KLU.
I have always enjoyed talking and discussing all kinds of matters with people from other cultures. At KLU, the small classes create a level of intimacy and exchange with other students and professors you won’t find anywhere else.
I experience KLU as an extraordinary university with a career-enhancing, carefully considered degree program concept. Students are not just treated as numbers but as individuals, which has reinforced my decision to study at KLU.
One of my favorite things about KLU is the semester abroad. It gives you the perfect opportunity to find out more about a specific country and maybe to learn the language as well.
The KLU-Experience not only includes learning theoretical concepts in class but also experiencing their implementation outside of the classroom. For example, our excursions to Lufthansa Technik Logistik Services and the container terminals at the harbor were extremely interesting and valuable.
Studying at KLU is an all-inclusive package. Coming here every day means meeting with my friends — who are as passionate about our subjects as I am. Classes are very interactive, and our professors are highly supportive. The beautiful facility plus the ideal location in HafenCity make the whole experience even more enjoyable. I am happy that I chose KLU!
You can consider KLU as a “gateway to the world,” as they say in German. An intercultural university with students of more than 30 nationalities located in Hamburg, KLU gives students the opportunity to connect with people from all around the world and to experience a multifaceted city. I could not imagine a better place for taking the first step into my future and establishing my own network.
The courses at KLU are carefully synchronized, leading to fast progress through the content without unnecessary repetition. The small size of the classes allows me to ask questions to the professor, if something is unclear. The lectures are often complemented by practical examples or projects illustrating the theory in a real-world context. The projects create a vivid, motivated atmosphere in class, which makes me enjoy my studies at KLU very much.
Communication & Academic Fundamentals
Descriptive Statistics and Introduction to Inference Statistics
Essential Mathematics for Business and Economics
Human Resource Management
Innovation & New Business Ventures
Intercultural Communication & Management
International Business Law
International Financial Accounting
Logistics & SCM Fundamentals
Managerial & Financial Accounting
Seminar in Logistics & SCM
Seminar in Management
Supply Chain Strategy
Sustainable Supply Chains
BSc exchange place MSc exchange place BSc/MSc exchange place
How to Apply
- High school diploma/school leaving certificate
- TOEFL (iBT: 90) or IELTS (band 6.5) or CAE/CPE (grade C) to demonstrate English proficiency. The TOEFL, IELTS or an equivalent certificate must not be older than 2 years at the time of submitting the application. In case of admission, please note that you will need an official score report (hardcopy) for the enrolment. Therefore, please name KLU when registering for a test, if possible (TOEFL institutional code is 7373).
- Interview with program management and faculty members
- Additional requirements may apply for applicants from certain countries. Please inquire.
You do not have your school leaving certificate yet? Just provide a transcript of records including all grades given to date and you can hand in your school leaving certificate at a later stage.
- Start of application period: November 1st, 2016
- Recommended application deadline, non-EU applicants: March 31, 2017
- Application deadline: June 30, 2017 EXTENDED for EU-citizens: July 15, 2017
For German and EU-citizens the deadline for application for the program starting in September 2017 has been extended to July 15, 2017. After this deadline please contact the admissions office to check whether an application for 2017 is possible. Please note that only complete applications can be considered.
We recommend that you submit your application as early as possible. For fully completed applications received by December 31, you will be granted a 10% early-bird discount on the overall tuition upon enrolment. To be entitled for the discount you need to fully complete the online application form and submit it together with your transcript of records.
Non-EU applicants please note: The visa process takes up to two months, starting on the date of acceptance by KLU. Please keep in mind that there are a lot of other organizational matters to deal with when planning your study abroad. We recommend non-EU applicants to apply before March 31, 2017.
We require an administrative fee of €50 for non-EU applicants, to be paid upon admission.
We will consider your application as soon as we have received all the required documents and will notify you of the board of admission's decision promptly (6-8 weeks).
Only candidates we have admitted can apply for scholarships.
KLU merit-based scholarships (50%-100% tuition)
Applicants are chosen based on outstanding academic performance (GPA* less than or equal to 1.5), social commitment, and extracurricular activities. Download application form.
High school exchange scholarship (100%)
Applicants are chosen based on strong academic achievement in high school (GPA* less than or equal to 2.0) and have spent at least 5 month abroad during a high school exchange program. Download application form.
- March 31, 2017 (first selection round)
- May 31, 2017 (second selection round)
*GPA = Grade point average according to the German grading scale (1.0 is the best possible grade and 4.0 is the minimum passing grade).
Applications for a scholarship must be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com until the given deadlines.
You are welcome to schedule a personal appointment. We would be happy to show you around and answer all your questions. Please call us at +49 40 328 707-160.