KLU is a great place to study
- Research university with high academic standards combined with practical application
- Top ranked in CHE university ranking and Handelsblatt research ranking
- Small classes, interactive teaching and excellent student-professor ratio
- Truly international students and faculty; all courses taught in English
- Internships and semester abroad integrated into the curriculum
- Case- and project-based learning, excursions, business simulations, regular interaction with industry professionals
- High quality career services and corporate network, career orientation and guidance
- State-of-the-art campus in the heart of Hamburg’s HafenCity
Studying at KLU means having many different parts of the world on campus but still being in the beautiful city of Hamburg. Knowing that support is there for every aspect of our studies is a special feeling – it makes studying at KLU an exciting time.
KLU facilitates the network of opportunities and aids in gaining a broader perspective on different aspects of business. It’s a rewarding experience to be a part of KLU.
I have always enjoyed talking and discussing all kinds of matters with people from other cultures. At KLU, the small classes create a level of intimacy and exchange with other students and professors you won’t find anywhere else.
I experience KLU as an extraordinary university with a career-enhancing, carefully considered degree program concept. Students are not just treated as numbers but as individuals, which has reinforced my decision to study at KLU.
One of my favorite things about KLU is the semester abroad. It gives you the perfect opportunity to find out more about a specific country and maybe to learn the language as well.
Communication & Academic Fundamentals
Descriptive Statistics and Introduction to Inference Statistics
Essential Mathematics for Business and Economics
Human Resource Management
Innovation & New Business Ventures
Intercultural Communication & Management
International Business Law
International Financial Accounting
Logistics & SCM Fundamentals
Managerial & Financial Accounting
Seminar in Logistics & SCM
Seminar in Management
Supply Chain Strategy
Sustainable Supply Chains
The tuition for the three-year program is €4,980 per semester for the standard track (180 ECTS credits) and €5,680 per semester for the intensive track (210 ECTS credits). Please enquire about our various financing options.
How to Apply
- High school diploma/school leaving certificate
- TOEFL (iBT: 90) or IELTS (band 6.5) or CAE/CPE (grade C) to demonstrate English proficiency
- Interview with program management and faculty members
- Additional requirements may apply for applicants from certain countries. Please inquire.
You do not have your school leaving certificate yet? Just provide a transcript of records including all grades given to date and you can hand in your school leaving certificate at a later stage.
- Start of application period: November 1st, 2016
- Recommended application deadline, non-EU applicants: March 31, 2017
- Application deadline: June 30, 2017
We recommend that you submit your application as early as possible. For fully completed applications received by December 31, you will be granted a 10% early-bird discount on the overall tuition upon enrolment.
Non-EU applicants please note: The visa process takes up to two months, starting on the date of acceptance by KLU. Please keep in mind that there are a lot of other organizational matters to deal with when planning your study abroad. We recommend non-EU applicants to apply before March 31, 2017.
We require an administrative fee of €50 for non-EU applicants, to be paid upon admission.
We will consider your application as soon as we have received all the required documents and will notify you of the board of admission's decision promptly (6-8 weeks).
Only candidates we have admitted can apply for scholarships.
KLU merit-based scholarships (50%-100% tuition)
Applicants are chosen based on outstanding academic performance (GPA* less than or equal to 1.5), social commitment, and extracurricular activities. Download application form.
High school exchange scholarship (100%)
Applicants are chosen based on strong academic achievement in high school (GPA* less than or equal to 2.0) and have spent at least 5 month abroad during a high school exchange program. Download application form.
- March 31, 2017 (first selection round)
- May 31, 2017 (second selection round)
*GPA = Grade point average according to the German grading scale (1.0 is the best possible grade and 4.0 is the minimum passing grade).
You are welcome to schedule a personal appointment. We would be happy to show you around and answer all your questions. Please call us at +49 40 328 707-160.