Awarded category "Best quality of Student Life"
Tuition fee per semester
Language of instruction
July 15, 2019
Master in Management
Our MSc in Management program provides you with the management and leadership skills you will need for your career in a multinational company. Our courses cover a broad range of topics in the key business administration fields, in addition you will choose one of two specializations: value creation or digital transformation. Thus, sharpen your profile and enhance your career prospects. At the same time, the program targets your personal development and focuses on developing your leadership abilities. The teaching method includes both case- and project-based learning, excursions, business simulations, integrated internships, and regular interaction with industry professionals. Practical relevance is the program’s core.
KLU is a great place to study
- Research university with high academic standards combined with practical application
- As one of only 14 private universities in Germany, KLU has the right to confer their own PhDs
- Top ranked in CHE university ranking and Handelsblatt research ranking
- Small classes, interactive teaching and excellent student-professor ratio
- Truly international students and faculty; all courses taught in English
- Internships and semester abroad integrated into the curriculum
- Case- and project-based learning, excursions, business simulations, regular interaction with industry professionals
- High quality career services and corporate network, career orientation and guidance
- State-of-the-art campus in the heart of Hamburg’s HafenCity
- Premium accredited program (FIBAA)
How to Apply
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized university or college*
- Proof of English language proficiency: please have a look at our different options here
*The bachelor’s degree must comprise at least 180 ECTS for the standard track or 210 ECTS for the fast track. Applicants for the fast track must have done at least one academic term abroad during their previous university study. Equally possible is to prove an internship abroad, which was officially part of the Bachelor's degree program. We require a degree in business or economics, but will consider other fields such as industrial engineering, business informatics, and mathematics if your bachelor's degree contains a sufficient number of courses (at least four) in business administration or economics. Foreign university degrees will be evaluated according to the guidelines of the German Council of Higher Education.
A passing grade on the GMAT or TM WISO test is not an admission requirement, however, the Admissions Committee will consider test scores positively.
You do not have your bachelor’s certificate yet? Just provide a transcript of records and you can submit the bachelor’s certificate at a later stage.
- Start of application period: November 1st
- Early Bird deadline: January 15 (more information)
- International application deadline (recommended): March 31 (more information)
- International application deadline (final): May 31 (more information)
- Application deadline: July 15
We recommend that you submit your application as early as possible. For fully completed applications received by January 15, you will be granted a 10% early-bird discount on your total amount of tuition fees. To be entitled for the discount you need to fully complete the online application form and submit it together with your transcript of records. More information can be found here.
International (non-EU) applicants please note: The visa process takes up to two months, starting on the date of acceptance by KLU. Please keep in mind that there are a lot of other organizational matters to deal with when planning your study abroad. For details on the application deadlines for international applicants please see our FAQ.
We require an application fee of €100 for non-EU applicants. Your application will only be processed once we have received this.
We will consider your application as soon as we have received all the required documents and will notify you of the board of admission's decision promptly (6-8 weeks).
Your degree from the KLU will certainly be career boosting. Alumni from our programs were hired for example by Accenture GmbH, Airbus S.A.S., BASF, Beiersdorf AG, DB Schenker - Rail, EADS Group, IBM Group, Kühne + Nagel (AG & Co.) KG, Johnson & Johnson Medical, Lufthansa Group, Siemens, Vattenfall Wind Power or Anheuser-Bush.
Our Master in Management program starts every September.
- Courses in management, logistics, economics, and managerial skills
- Two specializations: value creation, digital transformation
- Optional fast track in three semesters (bachelor’s degree = 210 ECTS)
- Exchange semester with partner universities (standard track, optional for holders of a first degree from outside Germany)
- Three-month internship
- Master’s thesis (5 months)
Our Career Services offers a unique program that targets your personal development and your contacts with future employers. Our International Office paves the way for your semester abroad and our Program Management ensures that your course of study meets our quality standards and runs as smoothly as possible. Upon acceptance, we will help you organize your journey to Hamburg and continue to assist you throughout this process.
You do the studying - we do everything else!
Applied Research Methods
Business Analytics and Econometrics
Business Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Corporate Social Responsibility
Economics of Business Strategy
Economics of Digital Transformation
Financial Performance Management and Management Control
High-Performance Human Resources
Leadership and Organizational Behavior
Legal Aspects of Digital Transformation
Managerial Skills I
Managerial Skills II
New Product Development and Pricing
Revenue Management and Service Operations
If you had to define the term “home,” you might come up with several words to describe your individual feeling. When I am at KLU, I always feel like I’ve come home. The university’s inter-cultural campus simply generates a sense of well-being and belonging.
KLU is a university that only settles for the best. It offers many opportunities for developing yourself and your career in an amazing atmosphere. It is easy to feel at home at KLU thanks to the friendly staff and the international student community.
KLU offers a variety of options for developing in the educational and professional areas. Everyone who is interested in getting to know other cultures and studying in an international environment should become part of the KLU family.
BSc exchange place MSc exchange place BSc/MSc exchange place
In case you do not receive an email from us, please be sure to check your spam folder.
**DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT
You are free to supply your personal data on a voluntary basis, but to process your request we need at least your gender, your name, your e-mail address and the country you currently live in as well as the information when you want to start your studies (year) and your previous field of study. These fields are marked as mandatory fields (*). Your voluntary information makes it easier for us to provide you with individual advice. We will process and use your data for the purpose you expressly indicate or to process your request. Of course we will treat all the information you have entered as confidential. We will not forward your data and information to third parties.
Consent to data use
I consent to Kühne Logistics University - KLU using and saving my personal data in order to inform me of the benefits of the KLU degree and continuing education programs and advise me – via e-mail or on the telephone as well. I can revoke this consent at any time, effective at a future date, by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Studying in Germany
- German universities and the German educational system are world class
- Private education in Germany is considerably less expensive than in the US, UK or Australia
- Germany is a safe country for all students: Don't worry about special security measures
- The cost of living in Germany is moderate in comparison to other European countries
- Germany has a strong economy and a robust job market with long-term work opportunities
- Accessible immigration policies: Stay here for 18 months to find the ideal job after graduation
- Follow our two-year guidance course for international students: “Kick start your career in Germany”
- Learn German with our local partner school. We will reimburse 2/3 of your costs upon successful completion
- Work up to 90 full working days / 180 half working days to support yourself during studies
- Live and explore one of the world’s most developed countries and our unique culture, history and landscape