Master in Management
Our MSc in Management program provides you with the management and leadership skills you will need for your career in a multinational company. Our courses cover a broad range of topics in the key business administration fields. At the same time, the program targets your personal development and focuses on developing your leadership abilities. The teaching method includes both case- and project-based learning, excursions, business simulations, integrated internships, and regular interaction with industry professionals. Practical relevance is the program’s core.
KLU is a great place to study
- Research university with high academic standards combined with practical application
- Top ranked in CHE university ranking and Handelsblatt research ranking
- Small classes, interactive teaching and excellent student-professor ratio
- Truly international students and faculty; all courses taught in English
- Internships and semester abroad integrated into the curriculum
- Case- and project-based learning, excursions, business simulations, regular interaction with industry professionals
- High quality career services and corporate network, career orientation and guidance
- State-of-the-art campus in the heart of Hamburg’s HafenCity
- Premium accredited program (FIBAA)
Logistics Assistant in Transport Operations and Prozessmanagement, Cargolog LtdView profile
Curriculum and Services
Our two-year MSc in Management program starts every September.
- Courses in management, logistics, economics, and managerial skills
- Optional fast track in three semesters (bachelor’s degree = 210 ECTS)
- Exchange semester with partner universities (standard track)
- Three-month internship
- Master’s thesis (5 months)
Our Career Services offers a unique program that targets your personal development and your contacts with future employers. Our International Office paves the way for your semester abroad and our Program Management ensures that your course of study meets our quality standards and runs as smoothly as possible. Upon acceptance, we will help you organize your journey to Hamburg and continue to assist you throughout this process.
You do the studying - we do everything else!
If you had to define the term “home,” you might come up with several words to describe your individual feeling. When I am at KLU, I always feel like I’ve come home. The university’s inter-cultural campus simply generates a sense of well-being and belonging.
KLU is a university that only settles for the best. It offers many opportunities for developing yourself and your career in an amazing atmosphere. It is easy to feel at home at KLU thanks to the friendly staff and the international student community.
KLU offers a variety of options for developing in the educational and professional areas. Everyone who is interested in getting to know other cultures and studying in an international environment should become part of the KLU family.
Applied Research Methods
Business Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Business Analytics & Econometrics
Business Models and Strategy
Economics of Business Strategy
Financial Performance Management and Management Control
Leadership and Organizational Behavior
Managerial Skills I
Managerial Skills II
Corporate Social Responsibility
High-performance Human Resources
New Product Development and Pricing
Revenue Management and Service Operations
Selected Topics in Finance
The tuition for the two-year program is €5,980 per semester. Please enquire about our various financing options.
How to Apply
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized university or college*
- TOEFL (iBT: 90) or IELTS (band 6.5) or CAE/CPE (grade C) to demonstrate English proficiency. The TOEFL, IELTS or an equivalent certificate must not be older than 2 years at the time of submitting the application. In case of admission, please note that you will need an official score report (hardcopy) for the enrolment. Therefore, please name KLU when registering for a test, if possible (TOEFL institutional code is 7373).
*The bachelor’s degree must comprise at least 180 ECTS for the standard track or 210 ECTS for the fast track. Applicants for the fast track must have done at least one academic term abroad during their previous university study. We require a degree in business or economics, but will consider other fields such as industrial engineering, business informatics, and mathematics if your bachelor's degree contains a sufficient number of courses (at least four) in business administration or economics.
A passing grade on the GMAT or TM WISO test is not an admission requirement, however, the Admissions Committee will consider test scores positively.
You do not have your bachelor’s certificate yet? Just provide a transcript of records and you can submit the bachelor’s certificate at a later stage.
- Start of application period: November 1st, 2016
- Recommended application deadline, non-EU applicants: March 31, 2017
- Application deadline: June 30, 2017
We recommend that you submit your application as early as possible. For fully completed applications received by December 31, you will be granted a 10% early-bird discount on the overall tuition upon enrolment. To be entitled for the discount you need to fully complete the online application form and submit it together with your transcript of records.
Non-EU applicants please note: The visa process takes up to two months, starting on the date of acceptance by KLU. Please keep in mind that there are a lot of other organizational matters to deal with when planning your study abroad. We recommend non-EU applicants to apply before March 31, 2017.
We require an administrative fee of €100 for non-EU applicants, to be paid upon admission.
We will consider your application as soon as we have received all the required documents and will notify you of the board of admission's decision promptly (6-8 weeks).
Only candidates we have admitted can apply for scholarships.
KLU merit-based scholarships (50%-100% tuition)
Applicants are chosen based on outstanding academic performance (GPA less than or equal to 1.5), social commitment, and extracurricular activities.Download application form.
KLU scholarship in co-operation with the Klaus Murmann Fellow Program (100% tuition)
Applicants must be scholars in the Klaus Murmann Fellowship Program (Stiftung der Deutschen Wirtschaft). Download application form.
- March 31, 2017 (first selection round)
- May 31, 2017 (second selection round)
GPA = Grade point average according to the German grading scale (1.0 is the best possible grade and 4.0 is the minimum passing grade).
Applications for a scholarship must be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org until the given deadlines.
You are welcome to schedule a personal appointment. We would be happy to show you around and answer all your questions. Please call us at +49 40 328 707-160.