This unique Tri-Continental Master of Science in Global Supply Chain Management degree program approaches supply chain management from an integrative perspective that includes economics, operations, logistics, risk management, leadership, and IT. This truly global program takes place on three continents. Students will spend the first semester in Hamburg (Germany), the second semester in Shanghai (China), and the third semester in Knoxville (Tennessee, US). The final semester is dedicated to an internship and master’s thesis.
The Tri-Continental Master of Science in Global Supply Chain Management is a smart career move – here’s why:
Add “global” to “supply chain management.”
When we say “global supply chain management,” we mean it! This degree program will give you the unique chance to experience supply chain management from the perspective of the world’s three largest economies. It will immerse you in the world of international business practices and you will discuss the effects of global economic trends with local executives and academic experts.
Take your career network to the next level.
Throughout the program, students from all three of the partner universities will be in one integrated class. This puts you in a network spanning the globe and the supply chain business that will fuel your future career. And the cross-cultural management skills you develop for dealing with people from around the globe will turn you into a true global citizen.
Learn from the best to become the best.
The three partner universities all have an international student body, outstanding faculty, an intimate learning environment, and extensive corporate ties. They belong to the leading academic institutions for logistics and supply chain management in their respective regions. Learning from the best will give you a competitive edge in the job market and advance your career.
The TriContinental MSc in Global Supply Chain Management is a cooperative program from Kühne Logistics University, the University of Tennessee, and Tongji University.
Curriculum and Partner
Our two-year TriContinent MSc in Global Supply Chain Management starts annualy on September 1st.
- Courses in logistics, supply chain management, management, economics & managerial skills
- Semester 1 to 3: Coursework and team projects on three continents (Europe, Asia, North America)
- Semester 4: Internship (3 months)/master’s thesis (4 months) at home university
- Degree granted by respective home university
Each of the three universities participating in the TriContinent MSc has a particular strength in supply chain management, and each one receives top rankings for its subject in its own national survey. Located in northern Europe’s leading logistics metropolis, KLU is the only logistics university in the world. The master’s program at the University of Tennessee (UTK) is regarded as one of today’s most comprehensive and contemporary supply chain programs on a global scale. The Tongji University School of Economics and Management was one of the first institutions in China to offer majors and specializations in supply chain management.
Supply chain management is an inherently global undertaking, and this innovative program will provide a world class educational foundation upon which you can build a career. We partner with over 60 leading global companies who have expressed a strong demand for students with the skills provided by this program.
Being able to navigate the invisible cultural boundaries of global supply chains is an essential skill for succeeding in business nowadays. Based on rigorous scientific insights and hands-on expertise, this program will equip students with both the technical skills of supply chain management and the cross-cultural skills they need in order to acquire a competitive advantage in business and their careers.
Our program provides solidly scientific training in a highly international environment by leveraging on each partner institute’s excellence in education and practice. Students are exposed to the diverse business cultures and career opportunities in China, Europe, and North America.
Courses at Kühne Logistics University
- Business Logistics & SCM
- Strategic Issues in Supply Chain Management
- Demand Planning & Inventory Management
- Leadership & OB
- Economics of Business Strategy
- Conducting Business in Europe
- German (different levels)
- Applied Research Methods
- Transportation & Distribution
- Supply Chain Management Simulation
Courses at Tongji University
- Applied Statistics
- Operations Research
- Management of Information System
- Operations Management
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management based on Chinese Cases
- Conducting Business in China
- Chinese Language and Culture
Courses at the University of Tennessee
- Supply Chain Management
- Strategic Supply and Cost Management
- Innovation and Risk Management
- Distribution, Logistic, and Network Management
- Integrated Global Supply Chain Management
- Conducting Business in the United States
The tuition for the two-year program is €9,250 per semester. Please enquire about our various financing options.
How to Apply
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized university or college*
- TOEFL (iBT: 90) or IELTS (band 6.5) or CAE/CPE (grade C) to demonstrate English proficiency. The TOEFL, IELTS or an equivalent certificate must not be older than 2 years at the time of submitting the application. In case of admission, please note that you will need an official score report (hardcopy) for the enrolment. Therefore, please name KLU when registering for a test, if possible (TOEFL institutional code is 7373).
- GMAT/GRE score or application for test waiver**
*The bachelor’s degree must comprise at least 180 ECTS. We require a degree in business or economics, but will consider other fields such as industrial engineering, business informatics, and mathematics if your bachelor's degree contains a sufficient number of courses (at least four) in business administration or economics.
**A test waiver can be requested based on previous academic coursework and/or relevant work experience.
You do not have your bachelor’s certificate yet? Just provide a transcript of records and you can submit your bachelor’s certificate at a later stage.
- Start of application period: November 15, 2016
- Recommended application deadline, non-EU applicants: March 31, 2017
- Application deadline: June 30, 2017
We recommend that you submit your application as early as possible. If you submit your completed application by December 31, you will be granted a 10% early-bird discount on the overall tuition. To be entitled for the discount you need to fully complete the online application form and submit it together with your transcript of records.
Non-EU applicants please note: The visa process takes up to two months, starting on the date of acceptance by KLU. Don’t forget that there are a lot of other organizational matters to deal with when planning your study abroad. We recommend non-EU applicants to apply before March 31, 2017.
You will need to be eligible for a student visa in Germany, the US, and China. Each university will assist you in applying for your visa, but you are responsible for obtaining the visas. Check your eligibility for the three visas before you submit your application: being refused a visa is not a reason for tuition & fee reimbursement.
We require an administrative fee of €100 for non-EU applicants, to be paid upon admission.
We will consider your application as soon as we have received all the required documents and will notify you of the board of admission's decision promptly (6-8 weeks).
Only candidates we have admitted can apply for scholarships.
KLU merit-based scholarships (50%-100% tuition)
Applicants are chosen based on outstanding academic performance (GPA less than or equal to 1.5), social commitment, and extracurricular activities. Download application form.
- March 31, 2017 (first selection round)
- May 31, 2017 (second selection round)
GPA = Grade point average according to the German grading scale (1.0 is the best possible grade and 4.0 is the minimum passing grade).
Applications for a scholarship must be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com until the given deadlines.
You are welcome to schedule a personal appointment. We would be happy to show you around and answer all your questions. Please call us at +49 40 328 707-160.