Riloha Panel Discussion
Facing the growing complexity in our world such as wars, forced displacement, and climate change, a number of general key questions emerge:
- What is our responsibility given the emerging challenges?
- Do our actions make a difference? And what actions actually lead to a better world?
- Can altruism help us fulfill our responsibility?
- What is altruism?
- How strong and widespread is altruism in our society?
- How does altruism affect human behavior, especially with respect to helping others in need?
- How can we act altruistically but also effectively?
- Is altruism the sole and real motivation of humanitarian work?
- Can the humanitarian sector be professionalized but still have altruistic motivations?
In our RILOHA panel, we would like to openly discuss these questions and themes with you and two experts:
- Jörn Marder, Team Leader Logistics at Doctors Without Borders
- Sebastian Achter, Coordinator Effective Altruism - Hamburg
The objective is to develop a better understanding about what we as citizens can do to be part of a solution in face of challenges that face us all.
Prior to the panel discussion, the panelists will provide us with background information about their organization and activities. After that, we will proceed to the panel talk discussing the above mentioned as well as further emerging questions. The event will be held in English.
Feel welcome to join and share your thought with us. For registration, please follow this link.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
Mojtaba & Lea