Here you will find the FAQ’s related to our part-time program SuMO. We are doing our best at this time to keep the information on this page updated and accurate. If you have further questions, please let us know. We hope that you and those around you are staying safe and healthy during these times, and look forward to welcoming you at the KLU campus in the future!
Your KLU SuMO program team
About the program
The first week of courses will take place at KLU’s campus in Hamburg, Germany from March 14th-March 18th, 2022 (Monday-Friday).
12 months, beginning in March.
The program is made up of 9 modules: 8 content module and 1 sustainable impact project module. Each module contains both an online and an offline component. Students will be on campus six times throughout the 12-month program, with each on-campus session lasting for five days (Monday-Friday). There are five online sessions, which take place between each of the on-campus sessions. The on-campus sessions focus on the transfer of fundamental management concepts into applications in the area of sustainability. Rather than frontal lectures, students can expect discussions, group work and co-creation with a high level of interaction. The online sessions contain a deeper focus on fundamental management concepts, which can be applied concerning sustainability. Through a combination of self-paced study and readings, as well as live webinars and online group work, students have the flexibility to complete coursework and join in from home.
Upon completion of the program, participants will receive a Certificate in Sustainable Management and Operations from Kühne Logistics University.
- Young professionals and managers with leadership ambition, at least 2 years full-time work experience
- Previous degrees in management/economics or engineering/information systems
- High proficiency in English
- Located in Middle/Northern Europe (minimize the amount of travel to and from campus)
- Should have touchpoints with sustainability in their job (also could be an interesting program for individuals looking to transition into a role with more touchpoints to sustainability)
Tuition fee: €14,900 (this includes all tuition and services, including access to the online learning platform and library materials. This also includes some social activities and the supporting program.
At this time, we are not able to offer any scholarships for financing support for this program. We are working to provide this in the future. In the meantime, we encourage you to apply early to qualify for our 10% Early Bird Discount!
- A bachelor’s degree with 240 ECTS of equivalent from a recognized university or college
- Admission on the basis of 180 or 210 ECTS is also possible (please get in touch with us)
- Minimum 2 years of full-time work experience
- English proficiency proven by TOEFL, IELTS or CAE/CPE
Please go to our program page, and then click on the “apply now” button. This will direct you to our online application
Please download the application documents and apply via our online application platform. Your application will be considered as soon as we have received all the required documents. Once the documents have been checked, you will be informed of the Admission Committee’s decision within 6-8 weeks.
We encourage you to submit your application early not only for planning and preparation, but also to benefit from our early-bird discount. For fully completed applications received by December 15th, you will be granted a 10% early-bird discount on the overall tuition upon enrollment. To be entitled for the discount you need to fully complete the online application form and submit it together with your transcript of records.
Please prepare the following documents which are necessary for your application process as soon as you apply via our online application platform:
- Copy of undergraduate degree
- Copy of complete university degree
- Copy of English proficiency test certificate
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Confirmation of work experience
Applications are considered once the online application and the supporting documents have been submitted via the online application platform. Our Admission Committee checks all applications and documents, and will typically respond with a decision within 6-8 weeks.