STERN Business School Ranking
Opening up new horizons
KLU Executive Education (KLU EE), has been evaluating, designing, and hosting training and educational programs for executives since 2012.
Located in Hamburg's HafenCity, a center of international logistics activities, we provide professionals with the latest thinking in the management of complex, international logistics operations and supply chains based on KLU’s key competence areas: Digital Transformation, Creating Value and Sustainability.
Our Executive Education program portfolio includes annual programs such as a part-time MBA in Leadership and Supply Chain Management, a Master Program in Sustainable Management and Operations (SuMO), certificate programs in Logistics and Supply Chain Management and online sessions addressing new topics and current developments in the world of logistics and supply chain management. Our programs address the needs of professionals from all management levels delivering an excellent mix of practice and theory.
In addition, we conduct corporate education programs that address specific logistics and supply chain topics relevant to the organization, as well as dedicated certificate and degree programs for companies.
Our programs convey cross-functional knowledge and managerial skills, they stimulate out of the box thinking, surfacing of hidden potentials and talents, and connect people from research and industry. They are built on a reliable and flexible IT infrastructure and are conducted in person, in hybrid formats, or online. Our programs are taught by KLU's renowned international faculty and international recognized guest faculty. All programs are conducted in English or German.
Shaping future leaders
KLU EE Mission - Shaping future leaders
Globalization has made logistics and supply chain management far more than it used to be. Our aim is to educate logistics professionals by equipping them with the knowledge and skills to be able to efficiently and effectively face today's business challenges and to become global leaders in supply chain operations and executive management.
KLU Executive Education will act as a catalyst for transformation by educating leaders that make a difference by:
- Providing thought leadership to business leaders in Supply Chain Management,
- Preparing professionals to lead their organizations during turbulent times, and
- Delivering tangible value to industry and society resulting in positive change.
Why SCM is an essential backbone to any business
Supply Chains are everywhere and an integral part of our daily live. We normally do not care about the details but expect our goods to
be delivered in perfect quality, quantity, time, and price. Supply Chain Management, however, is about the details. It ensures that our expectations are met by managing the flow of goods from sources all over the world to consumers or businesses.
Supply chains are the backbone of every company and have a large impact on the companies' economic performance and competitive advantage. They are subject to constant change and are the subject of considerable research and innovation. Supply chain and logistic managers and executives, therefore, are key people within a companies' organization. They need an in-depth understanding of business
and a cross-functional skillset in general management and leadership.
What's in it for you?
- optimize their professional scope of action and open new career prospects by acquiring technical and management skills.
- benefit from a unique learning culture and the professional and international mix of our participant groups.
- evaluate current concepts, methods, instruments and technologies from Logistics and Supply Chain Management and implement them in their own companies.
- enhance the international orientation of their career ambitions by participating in our international training programs.
- become part of the worldwide alumni network of the Kühne Logistics University.
- link part of the development of their professional staff and executives to KLU, whose core competence is the transfer of logistics and supply chain management know-how.
- increase the performance and motivation of their employees and bind aspiring leaders to their company.
- benefit from a compact and condensed form of knowledge transfer in logistics and supply chain management.
- transfer logistics and supply chain management expertise to their own company and optimize the processes in their supply chains.
- become part of the KLU company network with numerous cooperation possibilities, such as direct access to KLU graduates.
ENLOP has been a great way for me to deepen my SCM expertise outside of the daily work routine. It is an excellent combination of networking, academic insights and visiting interesting universities and cities. Thank you KLU for setting up such a unique program!
Marco Sperling, ENLOP 2022, DLH
At KLU, I met people from all over the world and in diﬀerent parts of the supply chain – a fantastic selection of people of diﬀerent ages, cultures and career paths. By the end of the course I really felt that I had a solid grounding in the ﬁeld, had access to excellent resources at KLU, had made lifelong friends and perhaps most important of all had a tremendous network of supply chain and logistics professionals all over the world.
Jeff Kirby, International Summer School, 2019
KLU contributes for bringing to the global marketplace top caliber SCM Executives through innovative and cutting-edge international training and development programs in the global supply chain field. It was a fantastic experience and always will have best memories of the time I spent in Hamburg with our colleagues.
Alfredo Motty, International Summer School, 2015
I consider KLU Executive Education to be one of the best continuing education portfolios available for the logistics industry at a higher level. It stands out for its mixture of new ﬁndings in logistics research, practical lectures and excursions to companies to see “best practices” in action. In addition, KLU has the most beautiful campus for executive education, with an inspiring panoramic view over the port of Hamburg, the gateway to the world!
Martin Willhaus, former Managing Director of the Kühne Foundation
Being introduced to the best practitioners and diverse international teams in the industry in a competitive world was phenomenal, not to mention the marvelous executive education oﬃce staﬀ.
Benjamin Kingsley Ghansah, International Summer School, 2018
The lessons featured excellent content and the organization of the studies was highly professional. I really appreciated the good balance of interesting lectures at international universities together with well-arranged opportunities to experience local culture. Another advantage was the opportunity to network with experienced supply chain professionals from other companies.
Roland Beeler, Enlop, 2019
Why KLU EE?
- Internationally active and renowned lecturers and professors
- Further education in a high quality and exclusive setting
- Located in Hamburg's HafenCity at the center of logistics
- Addressing professionals of all management levels
- Customized programs tailored to your needs
- Programs conducted in English and German
- Excellent mix of practice and theory
- Truly international environment
- Programs of different duration
If you would like to get to know KLU EE in person, you are welcome to visit our campus. We are also happy to meet you virtually and have a chat about our program any time that suits you. Just schedule an appointment with us.
We hope to see you soon at Kühne Logistics University in Hamburg!
Join our next Open Day or MBA After Work Event!
We will gladly discuss opportunities for training programs and benefits for your company personally.
Prof. Rod Franklin, PhD
Full Professor of Logistics Practice & Academic Director of Executive Education
Director of Operations KLU Executive Education
Victoria Meraz Serrano
Program Manager (MBA Program)
Head of Marketing Executive Education
Dr. Shilla Memusi-Hillmann
Program Manager (SuMO Program)
Marketing Manager Executive Education
Kim Elise Lukosch
Program Manager (Open Enrollment Programs)
Solutions & Development Principal Executive Education
Program Manager (Customized Programs)
Operations Assistant Executive Education
Program Manager (Open Enrollment Programs) (currently on leave)
Marketing Manager Executive Education (currently on leave)
Program Manager (Open Enrollment Programs) (currently on leave)