- Start of application period: November 1, 2017
- 10% "Early Bird" discount deadline: February 28, 2018
- Recommended application deadline, non-EU applicants: March 31, 2018
- Application deadline: August 15, 2018
- Scholarship application deadline: August 15, 2018
Competing on a global scale requires an understanding of how global markets operate and how competitors in these markets compete. Proper organizational structure and leadership are necessary if a global strategy is to be effectively implemented and for sustainable value to be created for stakeholders. KLU’s MBA provides students with the tools, leadership skills and financial practices necessary to develop a sustainable corporate strategy and to implement an organizational structure that supports this strategy.
Furthermore, long-term value creation only occurs if an organization can consistently develop new and valuable products for their customers and society. KLU’s MBA teaches students how to develop new products using processes and procedures that are driven by “voice of the customer” marketing and sales activities.
Organizational activities do not occur in an isolated manner. Operations impact the workers who perform the work, the society in which the work is performed, the environment and all stakeholders from owners to customers. To create consistent and sustainable value requires leadership not only in the technical areas of operations management, but in the areas of socio-economic sustainability and human resource leadership. KLU’s MBA teaches students effective and efficient operations techniques concerning green and lean operations and how to engage the hearts and minds of employees by leading through listening, so that their organizations create long-term, sustainable value.
Today’s businesses find themselves at the heart of a vastly growing and dynamic network of information. To ensure that an organization can sustain a value proposition for customers and society over the long term requires the continual reevaluation of information relevant for business activities and keeping up with the newest developments in digital technologies. Students of KLU’s MBA program learn how to use information systems in an integrated way to support fact-based decision-making, interact effectively and efficiently within their organization as well as with partners, customers and other stakeholders and thus ultimately enhance the organizations’ competitiveness on a global scale.
This program is the next step to revealing my leadership character and considering it from a global perspective for future growth within my company. It helps to look at your work, yourself, and your interaction in a group from a different angle.
I chose this program after attending a trial lecture. Apart from the unique focus on logistics, I was impressed by KLU’s internationality, the quality of the professors, the campus, and the alignment with American business school standards.
The program is properly focused and includes strategies for business management, leadership, and logistics. It fits my needs perfectly, since it enables me to work while studying. I absolutely recommend it.
This program is a unique combination of the transfer of knowledge in the field of logistics and an important focus on leadership skills. Real world applications, cases and lecturers with hands-on expert experience in their fields back up the concept behind it.
The set-up of the program allows me to continue my professional career while enhancing my educational knowledge, leading to a faster know-how transfer. The professors are motivating and the participants benefit from a wide range of international experiences.
One of the best things about the program is our study method. There are lots of discussions in the class and participants from three different continents and several different markets make them quite lively. It helps me understand and evaluate the markets even better.
HOW TO APPLY
The Admission Requirements to study for the Master of Business Administration in Leadership & Supply Chain Management are:
- A bachelor’s degree* or equivalent from a recognized university or college
- 3 years of work experience, managerial experience is recommended
- English proficiency proven by TOEFL (iBT: 90) or IELTS (band 6.5) or CAE/CPE (grade C). The TOEFL, IELTS or an equivalent certificate must not be older than 2 years at the time of submitting the application.
* Bachelor’s degree with 240 ECTS is the pre-requisite. All fields of study may qualify for admission. If the applicant does not hold a first academic degree, admission may be made subject to the condition that the applicant takes an entrance examination (a passing grade on the GMAT).
- Applicants shall have a short interview with the Academic Director to evaluate the applicant’s personal and professional development to access their potential for leadership.
- Please send your completed application, including all the required documents, to the KLU Admissions Office.
- An application will be considered as soon as we have received all the required documents. The Admissions Office checks each incoming application to determine whether the admission requirements are met.
- You will be notified of the Admission Committee’s decision promptly (6 – 8 weeks).
- 18 months part-time MBA program: € 29,750 (includes teaching materials, excludes educational trips). In exchange, at KLU you will benefit from studying in small classes, an international environment, and excellent contacts to the business world.
- Financing options
Your tuition fees cover tuition and services, including all course materials, on-campus IT services, and access to the library.
Further, during the study trips to the Ohio State University and Tongji University, teaching materials, hotel stays, excursions, and supporting program as well as meals are included. The tuition fees do not include the travel costs or personal expenses.
The program is composed of nine modules, including the capstone project.
- Economic and Social Foundations of Global Businesses
- Ethically Competing in Global Businesses
- Organizing and Managing Global Operations
- Developing Valuable Products for Customers and Society
- Sustainable Supply Chain Operations (Study Trip to Tongji University)*
- Leveraging Information for Better Decisions
- Managing Supply Chains for Value (Study Trip to the Ohio State University)*
- Organizational Behavior and Leadership
- Master Thesis (capstone project)
The sessions of module 5 and 7 are held at our international partner universities Fisher College of Business, The Ohio State University, U.S.A. and Tongji University, Shanghai, China to enhance global and inter-cultural business skills. During the two trips, students will experience how other cultures learn and work. The study trip to the USA will take place in May, the Study trip to China in March. The study trips are entirely organized by the KLU and expenses regarding teaching materials, meals, excursions and supporting program are covered. Please note that costs regarding flights and visa arrangements are not covered. The program coordinator will provide you with all important information regarding visa applications. Please make sure that you book your flights and apply for your visa well in advance. Please note that both study trips are fully recognized as educational leave. We will provide you with the relevant confirmation.
People and Leadership
Engaged Operational Leadership
Leading Organizational Change - Creating the Learning Organization
Managing Multiple, Complex Expectations Effectively
Dealing with Difficult Human Relations Issues
Leadership and You
Leading Complex Projects
Leadership Across Cultures
Ethical Organizational Leadership
Hiring and Motivating Culturally Diverse Talents