Supply Chain Finance Seminar
Time: 09.00 a.m. - 04.00 p.m.
Program duration: 4.5 days
Language of instruction: English
- Mid- and senior-level executives in SCM positions
- Finance and planning executives
- Product managers
Method: Lectures on KLU campus in face-to-face sessions
Optional: Online participation depending on the COVID-19 situation
Academic directors: Prof. Dr. Rod Franklin
Certificate: KLU Executive Education program certificate*
Participants of the KLU & HHL Supply Chain Finance seminar…
- are able to understand & assess the future challenges for global supply chains
- know how to utilize financial management skills to lower financing cost & risk of supply chains
- understand why and how (new) regulatory frameworks lead to higher cost of financing
- can bring their own real-live challenge such as the pandemic to the seminar and apply seminar content directly together with their peers
- are ready to work at the intersection of SCM and Financial Management
This online program consists of five modules, which are divided into six 90-minute sessions, each focusing on a different aspect within the three modules. Pre-readings will be provided before the respective sessions to prepare for the discussions.
Session: "Warm-up", 3rd of May 09.00 a.m-04.00 p.m.
- Introduction to the concept and importance of resilience in supply chains
- Visibility – the importance of sensing issues
- Flexibility – responding to what you see
Session 2:"SC Resilience", 4th of May 09.00 am-04.00 p.m.
- Control – ensuring that everyone responds
- Collaboration – handling the truly unexpected
- Resilience- wrap-up - supply chains as systems-of-systems
Session 3: "SC Finance", 5th of May 09.00 am-04.00 p.m.
- Introduction to Financial Flows
- Corporate finance – understanding and applying financial planning to the supply chains
Session 4: "Individual Challenge/Transfer" 6th of May 09.00 am-04.00 p.m.
- Sourcing – multisourcing and its implications for financial management
- Options – financing options for various stages and elements of a supply chain
- Pulling it all together – how financial management helps in building resilient supply chains
Session 5: "Wrap-up": 7th of May 09.00 am-13.30 p.m.
- Applying the gained knowledge
Learning Outcomes and Benefits for your Company
We combine the expertise of HHL and KLU to provide participants with a comprehensive seminar that enables them to secure their value chains and make them less vulnerable to external shocks. Our SCM and Financial Management skills are key ingredients for building resilient supply chains. Participants shall understand the levers to establish supply chain resilience and the ways how financial management can help to improve SCM.
*Attendees will receive a program certificate if they attend all five sessions.
Fees and Registration
- Program fees are 4,900 Euros+ VAT (if applicable) including teaching materials, beverages, lunch and farewell dinner
- Application deadline: April 26, 2021
- 10 % “Early Bird” discount deadline: January 31st, 2021
- 10 % discount if your company is a member of LIHH
**Data Privacy Statement
You are free to supply your personal data on a voluntary basis, but to process your request we need at least the fields that are marked as mandatory (*). Your voluntary information makes it easier for us to provide you with individual advice. We will process and use your data for the purpose you expressly indicate or to process your request. Of course we will treat all the information you have entered as confidential. We will not forward your data and information to third parties.
Consent to data use
I consent to Kühne Logistics University - KLU using and saving my personal data in order to inform me of the benefits of the KLU degree and continuing education programs and advise me – via e-mail or on the telephone as well. I can revoke this consent at any time, effective at a future date, by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.