Supply Chain Finance Seminar
Date: May 2nd - 6th, 2022.
Time: Mon-Thu 09.00 a.m. - 04.30 p.m.
Fri 09.00 a.m. - 01.30 p.m.
Program duration: 4.5 days
Language of instruction: English
- Mid- and senior-level executives in SCM positions
- Finance and planning executives
- Product managers
Method: Lectures on KLU campus in face-to-face sessions
Optional: Online participation depending on the COVID-19 situation
Academic directors: Prof. Dr. Rod Franklin
Certificate: KLU Executive Education program certificate*
Participants of the KLU & HHL Supply Chain Finance seminar…
- are able to understand & assess the future challenges for global supply chains
- know how to utilize financial management skills to lower financing cost & risk of supply chains
- understand why and how (new) regulatory frameworks lead to higher cost of financing
- can bring their own real-live challenge such as the pandemic to the seminar and apply seminar content directly together with their peers
- are ready to work at the intersection of SCM and Financial Management
This online program consists of five modules, which are divided into six 90-minute sessions, each focusing on a different aspect within the three modules. Pre-readings will be provided before the respective sessions to prepare for the discussions.
Session: "Warm-up", 25th of October 09.00 a.m-04.30 p.m.
- Introduction to the concept and importance of resilience in supply chains
- Visibility – the importance of sensing issues
- Flexibility – responding to what you see
Session 2:"SC Resilience", 26th of October 09.00 am-04.30 p.m.
- Control – ensuring that everyone responds
- Collaboration – handling the truly unexpected
- Resilience- wrap-up - supply chains as systems-of-systems
Session 3: "SC Finance", 27th of October 09.00 am-04.30 p.m.
- Introduction to Financial Flows
- Corporate finance – understanding and applying financial planning to the supply chains
Session 4: "Individual Challenge/Transfer" 28th of October 09.00 am-04.30 p.m.
- Sourcing – multisourcing and its implications for financial management
- Options – financing options for various stages and elements of a supply chain
- Pulling it all together – how financial management helps in building resilient supply chains
Session 5: "Wrap-up": 29th of October 09.00 am-01.30 p.m.
- Applying the gained knowledge
Learning Outcomes and Benefits for your Company
We combine the expertise of HHL and KLU to provide participants with a comprehensive seminar that enables them to secure their value chains and make them less vulnerable to external shocks. Our SCM and Financial Management skills are key ingredients for building resilient supply chains. Participants shall understand the levers to establish supply chain resilience and the ways how financial management can help to improve SCM.
*Attendees will receive a program certificate if they attend all five sessions.
Fees and Registration
**Data Privacy Statement for KLU & KLU Executive Education
You are free to supply your personal data on a voluntary basis, but to process your request we need at least the fields that are marked as mandatory (*). Your voluntary information makes it easier for us to provide you with individual advice. We will process and use your data for the purpose you expressly indicate or to process your request. Of course we will treat all the information you have entered as confidential. We will not forward your data and information to third parties.
Consent to data use
I consent to Kühne Logistics University gGmbH and KLU Executive Education GmbH using and saving my personal data in order to inform me of the benefits of the KLU degrees and continuing education programs and advise me – via e-mail or on the telephone as well. I can revoke this consent at any time, effective at a future date, by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.