Andreas Gernert is Assistant Professor for Sustainable Operations at KLU. Prior to joining KLU, Andreas was a post-doctoral researcher in the Technology and Operations Management Area at INSEAD. He obtained his Ph.D. at the EBS University in the Institute for Supply Chain Management and his M.Sc. in mathematics at Ulm University.
Andreas' current research examines policies, business models and strategies pertaining to the three dimensions of sustainability - environmental, social and economic. In this realm, he utilizes Game Theory and Optimization (i) to characterize policies that reduce modern slavery in the agricultural sector, (ii) to identify profitable and impactful business models for entrepreneurs in developing countries' emergency management systems, and (iii) to study different supportive strategies to mitigate financial distress in supply chains. His research has been published in the Decision Sciences.
Andreas teaches Operations Management and Sustainable Supply Chain Management. To facilitate the students' learning experience, Andreas utilizes interactive and student-centered teaching methods such as case study discussion and Socratic questioning.
|Assistant Professor for Sustainable Operations, Kühne Logistics University, Hamburg, Germany|
|2020 - 2021|| |
Post-doctoral Researcher, INSEAD, Fontainebleau, France
2015 - 2019
|Research Assistant, EBS University, Wiesbaden, Germany|
|2016 - 2019|| |
Doctorate, EBS University, Wiesbaden, Germany
|2011 - 2013|| |
Master of Science in Mathematics, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
|2007 - 2011||Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany|
|2016||Procurement Management, Airbus, Hamburg, Germany|
2014 - 2015
|Game Designer and Monetization Specialist, Gameforge AG, Hamburg, Germany|
- Gernert, Andreas K., Calmon, A. P., Romero, G., Wuttke, D. A. (2021): Coordinate or Compete in a Market with Fragmented Supply. INFORMS Annual Meeting, Anaheim, CA, USA.
- Gernert, Andreas K., Calmon, A. P., Iancu, D. A., Wuttke, D. A. (2021): Addressing Child Labor and Deforestation in the Cocoa Sector. INFORMs Annual Meeting, Anaheim, CA, USA.
- Wuttke, D. A., Gernert, A. K., Heese, H. S. (2019): Sourcing Decisions with a Financially Distressed Supplier. POMS Conference, Washington, DC, USA.
- Gernert, A. K. (2018): The Effects of Taxes on Education, Labor, and Rent-Seeking. Annual Session of the IOEA, Cargèse, France.
- Gernert, A. K., Heese, H. S., Wuttke, D. A. (2017): Outsourcing New Product Development Projects: Development before Commitment or Commitment before Development? INFORMS Annual Meeting, Houston, TX, USA.