Reference Management Software
Start using a reference management software now!
You can use a literature reference management software in order to:
- Import references via identifier and browser plugin in your personal literature database
- Sort these references in folders per topic
- Upload of PDFs in your personal database in connection to the references
- Use a Plugin for easy in-text citations and insertion of the bibliography once you’ve finished writing
- Try out various citation styles
These are some of the most used software solutions at universities:
Citavi - The up-and-coming
Citavi offers a free version: up to 100 references, with a possibility to upgrade. For Windows only; Mac version depends on third-party solutions.
EndNote - The classic
Endnote offers a 30-Days trial version. Alternatively, you may use EndNoteWeb (via our KLU license to the Web of Knowledge). To learn more about this option, send us an email.
Mendeley - The cloud option
Mendeley is a free desktop and web software for managing and sharing research papers, discovering research data and collaborating online.
RefWorks - The online
RefWorks is a web-based OS-independent software available in a 30-Days trial version.
Zotero - The open source
Zotero is a free open source software that integrates with web browsers and word processors.