Stiftung der Deutschen Wirtschaft / Studienförderwerk Klaus Murmann
Close to German economy
The core element of the Foundation of German Business (SDW) is its Klaus Murmann Fellowship Program. It is named after the business leader Dr. Klaus Murmann, former president of the Confederation of German Employers’ Associations.
Within the framework of the Klaus Murmann Fellowship Program, SDW offers scholarships to approximately 1,600 students and doctoral candidates from all subject areas. They receive financial support in the form of scholarships and additional funds for study years or internships in foreign countries. Parallel to their undergraduate or doctoral studies, the scholarship holders participate additionally in a comprehensive auxiliary program.
The goal of SDW is to prepare especially talented and committed young people for future leadership positions in industry and business or other areas of society. The sponsorship of SDW is aimed at open-minded young people with an international orientation who consciously seek an exchange with other cultures.
- Applicants may be both German and non-German students who are completing their studies at a German university.
- Special rules apply for foreign students from non-EU countries. They must be eligible to receive assistance in Germany according to § 8 of the Federal Education and Training Assistance Act (BAföG; “Bildungsinländer”) or as immigrants have a residence permit in Germany with the perspective of obtaining permanent residence status.
- To be admitted into the fellowship program, undergraduate and Ph.D. students must proof above-average academic achievements, and exhibit initiative and social commitment (e.g. in associations, social institutions or in the field of politics).
- Applicants should also exhibit social competence, have a well-founded education, be able to work in a team, and have good communication skills.
- Doctoral candidates from all countries are eligible to apply to SDW. Applicants must, however, be admitted to a Ph.D. program at a German university.
- From all non-German applicants SDW expects a very good command of German, since the entire promotional program is conducted in German.
Detailed information about application requirements and procedures are available on the German version of the website.
<- Back to Additional Scholarship Options.