The digital transformation is presenting new challenges to the logistics sector. In order to meet them in the best way possible, Kühne Logistics University (KLU) has entered into an interdisciplinary partnership with three top regional institutions: Bucerius Law School in Hamburg, Hasso Plattner Institute in Potsdam and Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
As a visible sign of collaboration, three professors who also research and teach at the relevant partner institution have recently been appointed to take on functions at KLU and the relevant partner institution. They will fortify the digitalization competency of KLU and are:
- Professor Christina Raasch (field of digital economy, together with the Institute for the World Economy)
- Professor Dimka Karastoyanova (field of data science and business intelligence, together with the Hasso Plattner Institute)
- Professor Catharina Maracke (field of data law, together with Bucerius Law School)
As a means of presenting the potential of the new partnership for the trade, industry and service sectors in the region, KLU has organized a kick-off event during which our new professors will talk about the focus areas of their work. Hamburg’s Deputy Mayor and Senator of Science Katharina Fegebank will give the welcoming speech. Professor Kai Hoberg, responsible for the field of supply chain and operations strategy at KLU, will give a keynote on the need for digitalization in logistics and showcase the related work at KLU.
We would like to invite you to join us for the official kick-off.
- Date: Tuesday, May 23, 2017
- Time: 11:15 am – 12:30 pm (informal greeting and coffee from 10:30 am)
- Place: KLU, Großer Grasbrook 17, 20457 Hamburg
- Moderation: Professor Burkhard Schwenker, Chairman of the Advisory Council at Roland Berger
- Language: German (For simultaneous interpretation into English, please bring your smartphone and ear buds!)
After the presentation, we will provide light refreshment. We look forward to seeing you there and taking advantage of the opportunity to converse with you.
R.S.V.P. by Thursday, May 11, to email@example.com.