“Although we are only in the fourth year of our existence as a research university, we have established ourselves among the elite. We are all very proud of this huge success,” said KLU president Professor Thomas Strothotte. “Our focus on top conditions for research and on outstanding academic personalities continues to pay off.”
The dean of research at KLU, Professor Sönke Albers, is also extremely happy with the 2014 ranking. The marketing expert himself is one of the top researching academics with a rank of 12 in the category lifelong achievement. “Research is our key mission,” said Albers. “It is a basic prerequisite for first-class teaching and top contacts in the business world.” Because KLU is generously funded by the Kühne Foundation, the private university is able to provide its academics with an excellent research environment.
The Handelsblatt ranking looks at all business administration faculties in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland and evaluates more than 2.600 researchers at about 100 universities. First published in 2009, this is the region’s most prestigious ranking in the field of business administration.
Overview on KLU ranking results:
- KLU ranks no.1 in research output per professor among all private business schools in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
- KLU ranks no. 3 in research performance of all German universities
- KLU ranks no. 5 in research among all universities in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
- Dr. h. c. Sönke Albers, professor of marketing and innovation, ranks no. 12 (of 2600) in the Lifelong Achievement category
- Dr. ManMohan Sodhi, professor of logistics and supply chain management, ranks no. 68 (of 2600) in the Lifelong Achievement category
- Alan McKinnon, professor of logistics and head of the KLU Logistics department, ranks no. 78 (of 2600) in the Lifelong Achievement category
- Dr. Niels Van Quaquebeke, professor of leadership and organizational behavior, ranks no. 70 in the Top 100 Researchers Under 40 category
Based on its attractive research conditions, KLU has established itself among the top universities in Germany. The same applies to its studying conditions for KLU students. In the most recent CHE ranking of master’s programs in business administration (December 2014), KLU students rated all five categories with the highest possible grade of “very good” (the overall student experience, the curriculum, the learning environment, teaching, and its international orientation).