KLU’s mission is to educate future leaders in logistics, supply chain management and management and to advance scientific knowledge and its application in the fields of logistics and supply chain management, accounting, finance, marketing and leadership.
As an integral part of this mission, KLU is committed to offering doctoral candidates a program that prepares them to evaluate and reflect the state of knowledge in their particular field of research. A doctoral candidate’s experience is enhanced by the atmosphere of close cooperation and intellectual challenge that KLU offers. It is further expanded by the exchange with other doctoral candidates from high level of diverse academic and cultural backgrounds.
After the successful completion of the doctoral program, KLU awards the degree “Doctor of Philosophy” (Ph.D.) in management or the doctoral degree in business, economics, and social sciences (Dr. rer. Pol.).
In accordance with international standards and practices, the program is laid-out for four years of doctoral studies. Course work that is required during the first and second year encompasses the following categories:
|Depth Requirements||A minimum of 3 expert courses in the field of the dissertation|
|Breadth Requirements||A minimum of 2 courses to choose from:|
The courses are taught at KLU by its own faculty and complemented by internationally distinguished scholars. In addition, students will attend workshops or courses at other universities, such as one of our cooperation partners, Leuphana University Lüneburg. Furthermore, the doctoral candidate will be actively involved in research projects conducted by KLU’s faculty. The goal is to publish the results in highly-ranked academic journals.
How to Apply
- Master’s degree, diploma or equivalent in business, economics, social sciences, or comparable studies; with a minimum overall grade of “good” (GPA: 2.50 German Standard)
- sufficient English language skills to complete the doctoral program: TOEFL (iBT: 90) or IELTS (band 6.5) or CAE/CPE (grade C).
- support by at least one resident faculty member of the KLU
- application form
- transcripts of records, certificates
- a tabular CV
- TOEFL, IELTS or an equivalent certificate that must not be older than 2 years at the time of submitting the application
- proof that the project is supported by at least one resident faculty member of the KLU
- contact details of two professors and/or teachers which can be used as references
- a declaration attesting that the applicant has not previously applied for a doctorate or is pursuing a doctorate at another university
Applications can be submitted year-round, depending on availability. Please view our open positions.
Financing options should be discussed with the supervising KLU professor.