Here you will find the FAQ’s related to our Open Enrollment Programs such as NetLoP, ENloP, International Summer School and Supply Chain Finance Seminar. We are doing our best at this time to keep the information on this page updated and accurate. If you have further questions, please let us know. We hope that you and those around you are staying safe and healthy during these times, and look forward to welcoming you at the KLU campus in the future!
Your KLU Exectutive Education Team
Yes, KLU Executive Education is still open for business. Please visit our website and program pages to see our current program offerings.
Our on-campus open-enrollment programs are postponed until September, 2021.
The following options are available if your program has been cancelled due to the coronavirus (COVID-19):
- Option A: Transfer your enrollment to the next running of the same program. There is no need to reapply but you must notify us if you choose this option.
- Option B: Request a full refund of program fees already paid. Please note it may take up to 6 to 8 weeks to receive a refund.
- All requests must be submitted in writing to email@example.com by email. Please note that we are unable to reimburse you for any travel expenses you may have incurred. Thank you.
- Please also see our general cancellation policies here.
Please check for every individual early-bird deadline under each program.
Complete the online application available on each program’s webpage.
- For our open enrollment programs, HR and administrative professionals may register or submit an application on behalf of the participant.
- For our MBA only the candidate himself can apply
- If you have access to the executive’s e-mail to receive the event details, we recommend using the online application.
We recommend submitting at least 30 days in advance of the program start date. For our international participants, 3 months in advance can be helpful to allow the participant time to apply for the travel visa, if necessary.
For programs with specific enrollment requirements, please allow up to 10 business days to receive admissions notification. Open-enrollment program registrations are processed within 2 business days of receipt. You will receive an email confirming your registration.
No, we do not require a registration fee for our programs.
Yes. Companies often send more than one executive to an open-enrollment program. If you are interested in attending a KLU EE program with your colleagues or would like to discuss sending multiple executives, please contact our program manager for more information. We can then also discuss whether a customized corporate program may be advisable for your organization.
Yes, all KLU alumni, including Part-Time MBA and Summer School alumni are eligible to receive a discount on all of KLU’s EE programs. Please contact our program manager for details. Welcome back!
Program location & format
In 2021, most of our programs will be held in the live virtual format. This decision was made to comply with region-specific health guidelines and provide maximum flexibility and access to members of our community. No matter the format, we are committed to delivering an exceptional experience for participants in all of our continuing education programs. Please refer to our page for more details.
Yes, upon every completion and attendance of each program you receive a certificate.
Most of our programs take place in-class on KLU’s campus, but we also offer online and blended learning programs. Please check the website of each program for its intended format. Hybrid solutions are offered during challenging times like a pandemic.
Within the European Union you will not need a visa. If you are travelling from another country please check in with the German Embassy to be sure which visa you would need.
Our program managers are always happy to help with any questions you may have.
All our programs are taught in English so you will need English proficiency. For the MBA you will need to show proof of English proficieny by IELTS, TOEFL or CAE/CPE.
It is expected that participants have health insurance valid in Germany for the duration of the program. KLU is not responsible for medical expenses incurred by participants during the program.
Preparing for a Program
Approximately 2-4 weeks prior to the program start date you will receive access to a course website. This site will contain pre-reading materials and logistical information to help you prepare for your time at KLU Executive Education.
Special electronics such as laptops and tablet devices are not required but can be used to take notes if that is your preference.
Class sessions typically last 1.5 hours. A class day begins at 9:00 a.m. with a 30-minute coffee break session, an hour break for lunch and a 30-minute afternoon coffee break session. On free evenings there might also be optional programming that you can attend, such as a group dinner.
Business casual attire is appropriate during all Executive Education programs. We recommend dressing in layers to accommodate temperature variances in the classrooms and common areas.
Payments and cancellations
Full payment is due within 30 days of the invoice date. If the participant is enrolling within 30 days of the program’s start date, full payment is due immediately.
- Because attendance at a KLU Education program requires significant advance preparation and demand often exceeds capacity, it is important that you contact us in a timely manner if you must cancel or defer your attendance.
- Participants may nominate an acceptable substitute or attend a future session of the same program within one year.
- Please note, we only allow one program transfer. If you are unable to attend the program to which you defer, you may send a colleague in your place or the program fee would be forfeited. If requesting a refund, please see our cancellation policy below.
- KLU reserves the right to cancel a program at any time for any reason. In the unlikely event of a program cancellation, paid program fees will be refunded, but the university is not responsible for any travel or other related expenses accrued by the program registrant.
- Payments are due in full no later than 14 days after the invoice date (30 days for international payments). Please transfer payments to the account specified on the invoice and include the invoice number with all payments.
- Cancellations must be made in writing. If a cancellation is submitted:
- 20 or more working days before the start of the event, you will receive a full refund minus a 10 percent processing fee
- 5 to 19 working days before the start of the event, you will receive a 50 percent refund.
- If you cancel less than 5 days before the event or if you do not participate in the event, you will not receive a refund.
- If too few people register for an event or if other urgent reasons arise, the event organizer is permitted to postpone or cancel the event or to combine it with another event. In such cases, participants are entitled to withdraw from the event. Participants are not entitled to reimbursement of travel costs, hotel costs or time not worked.
- The event organizer reserves the right to change the event schedule for important reasons.
- In case the event has to be cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions, you will either reveice a full refund or you have the opportunity to take your registration to the next year.