Date: March 17- 24, 2018
- Group/Team Leaders
- Young professionals
Program Duration: 6 days
Location: Tongji University in Shanghai, China
Method: Interactive lectures, case study work, group work, role plays, and excursions
Academic Directors: Prof. Dr. Rod Franklin (KLU) , Prof. Dr. Sidong Zhang (Tongji University)
Certificate: KLU/Tongji Executive Education Program Certificate
Contents: The academic content of the program will be divided into the following focus topics:
- Implementing Lean and Green Logistics Operations
- Designing Sustainable Distribution Networks
- Managing Multiple, Complex Expectations Effectively
Sustainable Supply Chain Operations
Sustainable operations require using resources in the most effective and efficient manner possible. It also requires that operators look at their supply chains as closed loops so that everything is managed in a “cradle-to-cradle” method. In this unique, one-week executive training program participants will learn to identify waste in their operations, implement improvements that eliminate this waste, and manage their operations to ensure that they meet the sometimes conflicting demands of senior management, investors, regulators, customers, and society.
The program will cover key fields of lean operations, supporting sustainable logistics operations as well as the various delivery processes that are available for distributing goods. Participants will learn how to design the right distribution network in order to ensure that goods are delivered in a cost effective, timely and socially responsible manner. Additionally, the course will teach participants how to juggle multiple tasks to meet corporate objectives while trying to optimize the company profit by providing the tools to perform tradeoff analyses, identify critical leverage points, manage constraints and achieve objectives while managing their conflicts.
During an exciting week in the Chinese metropolis Shanghai, you will participate in lectures and workshops jointly taught by renowned professors of KLU and Tongji University. The lectures will be complemented by on-site visits to well-known businesses in and around Shanghai as well as a social program. Take this opportunity to learn from the best in the field and network with professionals from around the globe!
Having successfully completed this module participants will be able to:
- discuss and assess concepts of sustainable and lean operations as well as the distribution process
- use the knowledge, skills and tools they develop to identify waste in their operations
- implement improvements that eliminate this waste
- manage their operations in scenarios of conflicting objectives
Dates and Fees
- Program Dates: March 17 - 24, 2018
- Program Length: 6 days (5 days academic content and 1 day social activities)
- Application Deadline: February 1st, 2018
- Program Fees: 6.000€, Early Bird Fee 5.750 € (includes teaching materials, on-site support, accommodation, day catering and beverages, company visits and social program; does not include travel expenses)
- Early Bird Deadline: December 15th, 2017
Participants should demonstrate:
- Sufficient English language skills (i.e. IELTS, TOEFL etc.)
- A first academic degree
- Working experience of at least 3 years
Please register online. We will contact you upon registration with further details.