Exchange program agreements are always based on reciprocity. If you are a student at one of our partner universities, we are happy to welcome you as an exchange student. We will help to make your stay at KLU a unique experience – from the academic viewpoint as well as the personal one. After all, you’ll discover a new culture, make new friends, and build an international network.
Exchange semester at KLU
You can select among the various courses in your chosen degree program and semester on offer at KLU. And join our lively extracurricular program. We also invite you to attend our Career & Professional Development Program seminars.
Undergraduate exchange students choose from undergraduate courses offered at KLU.
We strongly recommend graduate students to choose courses either from the MSc in Global Logistics and Supply Chain Management or the MSc in Management program. If you are determined to combine some courses from both programs, time overlaps are possible.
Normally, it's not possible to combine courses of the various semesters (e.g. courses from the 3rd and 5th semester of the bachelor) due to time overlaps.
The maximum number of courses you can take is equivalent to 30 ECTS (European Credits Transfer System) per semester. As a general rule, you should consider 1 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) the equivalent of 30 hours of work. Some courses are graded with a “pass” or “fail” without any further mark (see in our module handbooks). Please consult with your home university to find out which courses can be credited to your studies at home.
The grading scale used at KLU ranges from 1.0 to 5.0
- 1.0 to 1.3 Outstanding (excellent)
- 1.7 to 2.3 Good (considerably better than average)
- 2.7 to 3.3 Satisfactory (meets average requirements)
- 3.7 to 4.0 Adequate
- Students fail the course with a grade lower than 4.0.
- By April 30 for fall semester (Sept. – Dec.)
- By Sept. 30 for spring semester (Jan. - May)
You have to be nominated by your home institution’s International Office.
Registration & course selection:
- By May 31 for fall semester (Sept. – Dec.)
- By Oct. 31 for spring semester (Jan. - May)
- A copy of your first degree certificate including your grade point average, usually in the field of business or economics from a recognized university or college (only graduate students)
- A copy of your high school diploma (only undergraduate students)
- A copy of your complete university transcript (by semester) listing the subjects and grades; this document must contain an explanation of the grading system (maximum grade, minimum passing grade)
- A copy of your TOEFL or IELTS score or ERASMUS language proficiency form (if applicable)
- Please by aware that if you are a non-native English speaker you will need to prove your proficiency in English (TOEFL (587/240/95) or IELTS (band 6.5) or ERASMUS language proficiency form (level C1) in order to participate in the classes at KLU. KLU will also conduct short telephone interviews with the nominees to assess their English skills.
We will contact you and guide you through the online registration process with our Mobility Online tool once you are nominated by your home institution.
You can apply for scholarships to help you finance your studies at KLU. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide assistance with the application procedure or grant scholarships ourselves.
For European exchange students
KLU has an ERASMUS Charter from the European Commission. Our ERASMUS code is D HAMBURG19. If your home university also has an ERASMUS Charter, you can also apply for ERASMUS mobility measures. Please contact your home university’s coordinator for detailed information.
For Non-EU students
The DAAD's extensive scholarship database for foreign students, graduates, and academics offers applicants a wide range of tips and information on successfully applying for a scholarship to study, research or teach in Germany.