Top 20 in institutional research output of 200 universities (DACH region)
Duration study program
Language of instruction
July 15, 2019
KLU is a great place to study
- Research university with high academic standards combined with practical application
- Top ranked in CHE university ranking and Handelsblatt research ranking
- Intimate learning environment
- Interactive teaching and excellent student-professor ratio
- All courses taught in English
- Internships and semester abroad integrated into the curriculum
- Case- and project-based learning, excursions, business simulations, regular interaction with industry professionals
- High quality career services and corporate network, career orientation and guidance
- State-of-the-art campus in the heart of Hamburg’s HafenCity
How to Apply
- High school diploma/school leaving certificate (qualifying for entrance to German universities)
- Proof of English language proficiency: please have a look at our different options here
- Interview with program management and faculty members
- Additional requirements may apply for applicants from certain countries. Please inquire.
You do not have your school leaving certificate yet? Just provide a transcript of records including all grades given to date and you can hand in your school leaving certificate at a later stage.
- Start of application period: November 1st
- Early Bird deadline: January 15 (more information)
- International application deadline (recommended): March 31 (more information)
- International application deadline (final): May 31 (more information)
- Application deadline: July 15
We recommend that you submit your application as early as possible. For fully completed applications received by January 15, you will be granted a 10% early-bird discount on your total amount of tuition fees. To be entitled for the discount you need to fully complete the online application form and submit it together with your transcript of records. More information can be found here.
International (non-EU) applicants please note: The visa process takes up to two months, starting on the date of acceptance by KLU. Please keep in mind that there are a lot of other organizational matters to deal with when planning your study abroad. For details on the application deadlines for international applicants please see our FAQ.
We require a non-refundable application fee of €100 for non-EU applicants. Your application will only be processed once we have received this.
We will consider your application as soon as we have received all the required documents (and application fee for all non-EU citizens) and will notify you of the board of admission's decision promptly (6-8 weeks).
KLU is not just any ordinary university. The multitude of opportunities KLU offers to students, like visiting companies and networking events, are incredibly advantageous and really helpful for the future. On top of that, there is close contact to professors in interactive classes, who never hesitate to answer any of your questions.
The best thing about KLU is the quality of teaching. The lecturers are both adept at presenting content and taking interest in their students' viewpoints. I would tell any prospective students to jump at the opportunity to study at the KLU. People here have been extremely friendly and helpful, making my time here in Hamburg an unforgettable experience.
At KLU, I am able to interact in a multicultural environment, learn about new cultures and I feel part of the KLU-family. This university and the people keep my motivation high and teach me about more than just academic topics, like respect and equality. It is like a second home for me.
What I value about the KLU is two-fold: it provides an excellent academic foundation for a successful future, and it encourages you to grow as an established individual, fostering confidence and approachability.
One of the things I like the most about being at KLU is the comfortable study environment KLU offers. Not only do you feel comfortable on campus, but you also get to meet people with different backgrounds and work alongside with them, giving each student a very unique way of developing themselves throughout their studies.
For me the highlight of being a student at KLU is definitely the community. From the students to the faculty and staff, everyone has been incredibly welcoming and supportive from day one.Their support allows me to excel academically and guides me in the right direction on my career path. And, because of the international student body, I am able to discover many different cultures. The overall encouragement and diversity create a very special atmosphere on campus.
You can consider KLU as a “gateway to the world,” as they say in German. An intercultural university with students of more than 30 nationalities located in Hamburg, KLU gives students the opportunity to connect with people from all around the world and to experience a multifaceted city. I could not imagine a better place for taking the first step into my future and establishing my own network.
Studying at KLU is an all-inclusive package. Coming here every day means meeting with my friends — who are as passionate about our subjects as I am. Classes are very interactive, and our professors are highly supportive. The beautiful facility plus the ideal location in HafenCity make the whole experience even more enjoyable. I am happy that I chose KLU!
I have always enjoyed talking and discussing all kinds of matters with people from other cultures. At KLU, the small classes create a level of intimacy and exchange with other students and professors you won’t find anywhere else.
Studying at KLU means having many different parts of the world on campus but still being in the beautiful city of Hamburg. Knowing that support is there for every aspect of our studies is a special feeling – it makes studying at KLU an exciting time.
The courses at KLU are carefully synchronized, leading to fast progress through the content without unnecessary repetition. The small size of the classes allows me to ask questions to the professor, if something is unclear. The lectures are often complemented by practical examples or projects illustrating the theory in a real-world context. The projects create a vivid, motivated atmosphere in class, which makes me enjoy my studies at KLU very much.
The KLU-Experience not only includes learning theoretical concepts in class but also experiencing their implementation outside of the classroom. For example, our excursions to Lufthansa Technik Logistik Services and the container terminals at the harbor were extremely interesting and valuable.
KLU facilitates the network of opportunities and aids in gaining a broader perspective on different aspects of business. It’s a rewarding experience to be a part of KLU.
I experience KLU as an extraordinary university with a career-enhancing, carefully considered degree program concept. Students are not just treated as numbers but as individuals, which has reinforced my decision to study at KLU.
One of my favorite things about KLU is the semester abroad. It gives you the perfect opportunity to find out more about a specific country and maybe to learn the language as well.
Fundamentals of Management and Strategy
Fundamentals of Accounting
Mathematics for Business and Economics
Logistics and Supply Chain Management Fundamentals
Human Ressource Management
Introduction to Management Information Systems
International Business Law
Empirical Research Methods
Programming with Python
Corporate Social Responsibility and Business Ethics
Supply Chain Strategy
International Financial Accounting
Data Integration and Preparation
Deep Dive Business Challenge
Intercultural Communication and Management
Sustainable Supply Chains
Innovation and New Business Ventures
Sustainable New Product Design and Design Thinking
Inventory and Warehouse Management
Business Analytics and Decision Support
BSc exchange place MSc exchange place BSc/MSc exchange place
In case you do not receive an email from us, please be sure to check your spam folder.
**Data Privacy Statement
You are free to supply your personal data on a voluntary basis, but to process your request we need at least your gender, your name, your e-mail address and the country you currently live in as well as the information when you want to start your studies (year) plus the information in which profile you are interested. These fields are marked as mandatory fields (*). Your voluntary information makes it easier for us to provide you with individual advice. We will process and use your data for the purpose you expressly indicate or to process your request. Of course we will treat all the information you have entered as confidential. We will not forward your data and information to third parties.
Consent to data use
I consent to Kühne Logistics University - KLU using and saving my personal data in order to inform me of the benefits of the KLU degree and continuing education programs and advise me – via e-mail or on the telephone as well. I can revoke this consent at any time, effective at a future date, by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Studying in Germany
- German universities and the German educational system are world class
- Private education in Germany is considerably less expensive than in the US, UK or Australia
- Germany is a safe country for all students: Don't worry about special security measures
- The cost of living in Germany is moderate in comparison to other European countries
- Germany has a strong economy and a robust job market with long-term work opportunities
- Accessible immigration policies: Stay here for 18 months to find the ideal job after graduation
- Follow our two-year guidance course for international students: “Kick start your career in Germany”
- Work up to 90 full working days / 180 half working days to support yourself during studies
- Live and explore one of the world’s most developed countries and our unique culture, history and landscape