KLU is a great place to study
- Research university with high academic standards combined with practical application
- Top ranked in CHE university ranking and Handelsblatt research ranking
- Intimate learning environment
- Interactive teaching and excellent student-professor ratio
- All courses taught in English
- Internships and semester abroad integrated into the curriculum
- Case- and project-based learning, excursions, business simulations, regular interaction with industry professionals
- High quality career services and corporate network, career orientation and guidance
- State-of-the-art campus in the heart of Hamburg’s HafenCity
Studying at KLU means having many different parts of the world on campus but still being in the beautiful city of Hamburg. Knowing that support is there for every aspect of our studies is a special feeling – it makes studying at KLU an exciting time.
KLU facilitates the network of opportunities and aids in gaining a broader perspective on different aspects of business. It’s a rewarding experience to be a part of KLU.
I have always enjoyed talking and discussing all kinds of matters with people from other cultures. At KLU, the small classes create a level of intimacy and exchange with other students and professors you won’t find anywhere else.
I experience KLU as an extraordinary university with a career-enhancing, carefully considered degree program concept. Students are not just treated as numbers but as individuals, which has reinforced my decision to study at KLU.
One of my favorite things about KLU is the semester abroad. It gives you the perfect opportunity to find out more about a specific country and maybe to learn the language as well.
The KLU-Experience not only includes learning theoretical concepts in class but also experiencing their implementation outside of the classroom. For example, our excursions to Lufthansa Technik Logistik Services and the container terminals at the harbor were extremely interesting and valuable.
Studying at KLU is an all-inclusive package. Coming here every day means meeting with my friends — who are as passionate about our subjects as I am. Classes are very interactive, and our professors are highly supportive. The beautiful facility plus the ideal location in HafenCity make the whole experience even more enjoyable. I am happy that I chose KLU!
You can consider KLU as a “gateway to the world,” as they say in German. An intercultural university with students of more than 30 nationalities located in Hamburg, KLU gives students the opportunity to connect with people from all around the world and to experience a multifaceted city. I could not imagine a better place for taking the first step into my future and establishing my own network.
The courses at KLU are carefully synchronized, leading to fast progress through the content without unnecessary repetition. The small size of the classes allows me to ask questions to the professor, if something is unclear. The lectures are often complemented by practical examples or projects illustrating the theory in a real-world context. The projects create a vivid, motivated atmosphere in class, which makes me enjoy my studies at KLU very much.
International Business Law
International Financial Accounting
Supply Chain Strategy
Sustainable Supply Chains
Fundamentals of Management and Strategy
Fundamentals of Accounting
Mathematics for Business and Economics
Logistics and Supply Chain Management Fundamentals
Human Ressources Management
Introduction to Management Information Systems
Empirical Research Methods
Corporate Social Responsibility and Business Ethics
Data Integration and Preparation
Deep Dive Business Challenge
Intercultural Communication and Management
Innovation and New Business Ventures
Sustainable New Product Design and Design Thinking
Inventory and Warehouse Management
Business Analytics and Decision Support
BSc exchange place MSc exchange place BSc/MSc exchange place
How to Apply
- High school diploma/school leaving certificate (qualifying for entrance to German universities)*
- Proof of English language proficiency: please have a look at our different options here.
- Interview with program management and faculty members
- Additional requirements may apply for applicants from certain countries. Please inquire.
You do not have your school leaving certificate yet? Just provide a transcript of records including all grades given to date and you can hand in your school leaving certificate at a later stage.
* If you do not satisfy the requirements for studying at a university in Germany, you might be eligible to enroll in the Preparation Program.
- Start of application period: November 1st, 2017
- Application deadline for non-EU applicants: March 31, 2018
- Application deadline: June 30, 2018
We recommend that you submit your application as early as possible. For fully completed applications received by December 31, you will be granted a 10% early-bird discount on the overall tuition upon enrolment. To be entitled for the discount you need to fully complete the online application form and submit it together with your transcript of records.
Non-EU applicants please note: The visa process takes up to 12-weeks, starting on the date of acceptance by KLU. Please keep in mind that there are a lot of other organizational matters to deal with when planning your study abroad. We recommend non-EU applicants to apply before March 31, 2018.
We require an application fee of €100 for non-EU applicants. Your application will only be processed once we have received this.
We will consider your application as soon as we have received all the required documents (and application fee for all non-EU citizens) and will notify you of the board of admission's decision promptly (6-8 weeks).
You are welcome to schedule a personal appointment. We would be happy to show you around and answer all your questions. Please call us at +49 40 328 707-160.