KLU ranked favorite university in Germany
Unfortunately you have missed the Fall 2021 application deadline of July 15th.
If you are a German / EU Citizen or have a proof of residency we may still be able to consider you for our clearing 2021 (Nachrückverfahren). Please note: We can only accept applications on a case by case scenario, based on visa requirements and regulations for Germany. Please enquire with email@example.com to see whether you are still eligible to apply. Title your email ‘2021 application request’, and include the following information:
- Program you wish to apply for
- How you plan to fund your studies
- Previous educational background (Bachelor degree and GPA for Master applicants, high school diploma type for Bachelor applicants)
- Nationality and current status in Germany (if any)
- Your mobile number and current address
Our application will re-open in November 2021 for the Fall 2022 intake.
Best of luck with your educational journey.
Language of instruction
15 July 2021
EUR 7,475.00 per semester
Two-year program (120 ECTS)
Study on three continents
Europe, Asia, North America
...with KLU student Elisabet from Domenican Republic, Master of Science Global Supply Chain Management Tricontinent, Class of 2020
Interviewed in a rapid-fire one-take production by Emily Dickey from the US, recent graduate of KLU's Tricontinental Master’s program in Global Supply Chain Managment Tricontinent, and current doctoral student at KLU.
How to Apply
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized university or college*
- TOEFL (iBT: 90) or IELTS (band 6.5) or CAE/CPE (grade C) to demonstrate English proficiency. The TOEFL, IELTS or an equivalent certificate must not be older than 2 years at the time of submitting the application. In case of admission, please note that you will need an official score report (hardcopy) for the enrolment. Therefore, please name KLU when registering for a test, if possible (TOEFL institutional code is 7373).
*The bachelor’s degree must comprise at least 180 ECTS. We require a degree in business or economics, but will consider other analytical fields such as industrial engineering, business informatics, and mathematics if your bachelor's degree contains a sufficient number of courses in business (at least four). There are different ways to make up for missing business courses, please find an overview here.
You do not have your bachelor’s certificate yet? Just provide a transcript of records and you can submit your bachelor’s certificate at a later stage.
- Start of application period: November 1st
- Early Bird deadline: January 15 (more information)
- International application deadline (recommended): March 31 (more information)
- International application deadline (final): May 31 (more information)
- Application deadline: July 15
We recommend that you submit your application as early as possible. For fully completed applications received by January 15, you will be granted a 10% early-bird discount on your total amount of tuition fees. To be entitled for the discount you need to fully complete the online application form and submit it together with your transcript of records. More information can be found here.
International (non-EU) applicants please note: The visa process takes up to two months, starting on the date of acceptance by KLU. Please keep in mind that there are a lot of other organizational matters to deal with when planning your study abroad. For details on the application deadlines for international applicants please see our FAQ.
We require an application fee of €100 for non-EU applicants. Your application will only be processed once we have received this.
We will consider your application as soon as we have received all the required documents and will notify you of the board of admission's decision promptly (6-8 weeks).
Doctoral Student in Organizational Behavior & Supply Chain Management, Kühne Logistics UniversityView profile
Tuition fees are charged per semester. A non-refundable deposit of EUR 1,000 is due within two weeks after the receipt of the signed study contract. The deposit will be deducted from the first tuition fee installment.
The Federal Ministry of Education and Research supports 13 institutions for gifted education that grant scholarships for study purpose. Scholars of one of these institutions (Avicenna-Studienwerk, Cusanuswerk - Bischöfliche Studienförderung, Ernst Ludwig Ehrlich Studienwerk e.V., Evangelisches Studienwerk Villigst e.V., Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung, Friedrich-Naumann-Stiftung, Hans-Böckler-Stiftung, Hanns-Seidel-Stiftung e.V., Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung, Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung, Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung, Stiftung der Deutschen Wirtschaft / Studienförderwerk Klaus Murmann, Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes) can apply for a full tuition fee scholarship at KLU: please check here.
Estimated costs for the entire program (excluding tuition!)*
|Flights around the continents**||2,800 EUR|
|Visa costs***||300 EUR|
|Health insurance****||3,020 EUR|
|Health insurance if you are 30 years or older****||5,660 EUR|
|Housing/ accomodation||12,000 EUR|
|Cost of living, vaccination, books, misc.||10,950 EUR|
Total (2 years, entire program, excl. tuition fee)
Total if you are 30 years or older (2 years, entire program, excl. tuition fee)
*Please note, this is a rough budget. Financial requirements may vary significantly depending on choice of housing, lifestyle and travel plans.
**Plus flight to Germany for international applicants.
***Plus visa for Germany for international applicants (circa 160 EUR).
****MSc TriCon students have to be insured in Germany throughout all semesters since they will be enrolled continuously at KLU.
Please visit the price table provided by Tongji University for details concerning the costs of living in Shanghai.
The University of Tennessee provides an estimated graduate student budget which gives an overview on the costs of living in Tennessee.
Our two-year MSc in Global Supply Chain Management (Tricontinent) starts annually on September 1st.
- Courses in logistics, supply chain management, management, economics & managerial skills
- Semester 1 to 3: Coursework and team projects on three continents (Europe, Asia, North America)
- Semester 4: Internship (3 months)/master’s thesis (4 months) at Kühne Logistics University
- Degree granted by Kühne Logistics University
- optional double degree with the Tongji University: requires additional semester at KLU & additional master thesis at Tongji University
Each of the three universities participating in the MSc in Global Supply Chain Management (Tricontinent) has a particular strength in supply chain management, and each one receives top rankings for its subject in its own national survey.
- Kühne Logistics University (KLU): is located in Hamburg, Europe's leading logistics metropolis, and is the only logistics university in the world.
- Tongji University School of Economics and Management: was one of the first institutions in China to offer majors and specializations in Supply Chain Management.
- University of Tennessee (UTK): is regarded as one of today’s most comprehensive and contemporary supply chain programs on a global scale.
In case you do not receive an email from us, please be sure to check your spam folder.
**DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT
You are free to supply your personal data on a voluntary basis, but to process your request we need at least your gender, your name, your e-mail address and the country you currently live in as well as the information when you want to start your studies (year) and your previous field of study. These fields are marked as mandatory fields (*). Your voluntary information makes it easier for us to provide you with individual advice. We will process and use your data for the purpose you expressly indicate or to process your request. Of course we will treat all the information you have entered as confidential. We will not forward your data and information to third parties.
Consent to data use
I consent to Kühne Logistics University - KLU using and saving my personal data in order to inform me of the benefits of the KLU degree and continuing education programs and advise me – via e-mail or on the telephone as well. I can revoke this consent at any time, effective at a future date, by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.